Qualifications : BA, LLB, University of Otago.
Bryce is a specialist corporate and commercial lawyer with over 20 years’ experience in advising clients on buying, selling and investing in businesses. He regularly advises clients on a wide range of commercial matters including contracts, joint ventures, financing, corporate governance and compliance issues.
Bryce’s approach is to provide concise and solution-focused advice containing clear recommendations. His style is constructive as he does not believe that his clients’ interests are served by a combative, overly technical or legalistic approach. He provides excellent client service through strong project management and communication skills and brings a commercial and practical approach to legal issues.
Bryce builds long and trusted relationships with clients. He seeks to develop a deep understanding of his client’s businesses in order to provide pragmatic and commercial solutions to legal issues. Bryce is the relationship partner responsible for a number of corporate clients. In this role, he takes responsibility for ensuring that service delivery consistently meets high standards and advice remains solutions focused.
Bryce is listed as a recommended lawyer for Corporate and Mergers & Acquisitions by independent legal directory The Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
Areas of expertise
- Capital Raising
- Commercial Contracts
- Corporate Advisory
- Due Diligence
- Executive Share Schemes
- Joint Ventures
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Shareholder Agreements
- Venture Capital
- New Zealand Private Equity & Venture Capital Association
- Finalist for Mid Market Deal of the Year, New Zealand Law Awards 2016
- Recommended Lawyer, Corporate and M&A in The Legal 500 for Asia Pacific 2018 and 2019
- Bryce acted for various New Zealand private equity funds in relation to their respective investments in, and subsequent exits from companies such as Hirepool, Guardian Healthcare, Tiri Group, Tegel Foods, Norfolk Group and Argenta. Bryce led the due diligence and negotiating sale and purchase agreements and shareholders’ agreements with co-investors and management.
- Bryce acted for Flooring Brands Limited on the sale of Carpet Court New Zealand to Allegro Private Equity. Bryce advised the board on the sale process and negotiated the sale and purchase agreement.
- Bryce acted for the shareholders of Apex Valves Limited on the sale of 80 per cent of the company to Watts Water Technologies Inc., a US multi-national. Bryce advised the vendors on the sale process, sale and purchase agreement and ongoing shareholding arrangements.