Qualifications : BCom, LLB University of Auckland.
Tom is a corporate and commercial law specialist with more than 15 years’ experience practicing law. Tom joined Tompkins Wake in 2012 and acts as a trusted advisor to businesses and high net worth families, using his extensive experience to deliver pragmatic advice tailored to meet commercial objectives.
Tom is a recommended lawyer in The Legal 500 for Asia Pacific and is also a member of Tompkins Wake's Board of Partners.
Areas of expertise
- Capital Raising
- Corporate Advisory
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Restructuring
- Employee Share Schemes
- Joint Ventures
- Limited Partnerships
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Shareholder Disputes
- Trusts and Asset Protection
- Director, Depot Investments Ltd
- Member of the New Zealand Law Society and the Institute of Directors
- Tompkins Wake, Board of Partners
- Recommended Lawyer, Corporate and M&A in The Legal 500 for Asia Pacific 2018 and 2019
- Tom advised Israeli biotech company Algatech in relation to its investment in Supreme Health, a New Zealand manufacturer of health supplements. This is believed to be the first biotech deal between New Zealand and Israel.
- Tom advised KCL Property, New Zealand’s largest property syndicator with $850m of property under management, on the sale of the business to listed fund manager Augusta Capital Limited.
- Tom advised on the sale of Cardlink Group to NYSE-listed company, FleetCor Technologies Inc.
- Tom advised the owners of Apex Valves Limited on the sale of a majority shareholding in the business to NYSE-listed Watts Water Technologies.
- Tom advised a private investment company on the acquisition of The Ultimate Care Group Limited, a nationwide residential aged care services provider, from ANZ Capital.
- Tom advised ASX-listed Skydive The Beach Group on its acquisition of Skydive Queenstown and Skydive Wanaka.
- Tom advised Havas Worldwide on its entry into the NZ advertising and media market through the acquisition of local agency, Mr Smith.
- Tom advised Coeur Mining Inc. on the acquisition Todd Corporation's joint venture interest in the Golden Cross gold mine.
- Tom advised FleetCor Technologies Inc. on the New Zealand aspects of its US$3.45 billion refinancing and acquisition of Comdata Inc.
Tompkins Wake advises on Israeli biotech deal
Tompkins Wake advised Israeli Biotech leader Algatechnologies in relation to its investment in Supreme Health believed to be the first biotech deal be...