Due to continued growth we are looking for a top-quality Employment lawyer with two to four years’ experience to join our Employment team in our Hamilton office. Our Employment team looks after a broad range of employment work including H&S for key Waikato and Bay of Plenty businesses.
We believe that great people attract great people and our culture is something we guard and protect jealously. If you get the opportunity to join us, you’ll be part of something quite special and unique and have the opportunity to grow your legal skills. You’ll work with and learn from intelligent, innovative leaders within a collaborative culture that invests in and rewards its people. We have offices in Hamilton, Auckland, Tauranga and Rotorua.
In all our staff we look for the following attributes:
- A strong academic transcript
- First rate legal skills with experience in employment law
- Ambitious and self-motivated
- An empathetic approach to dealing with a wide range of clients
- A great communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- A strong desire to drive your learning & development, taking advantage of the varied CPD opportunities the firm offers
- A high level of initiative
- Excellent written skills and technical skills
Other key attributes you will possess are an inquiring mind, with the ability to work autonomously (but always well supported), be hard working and industrious and have a real desire to provide the best client service possible. In this role, attention to detail is imperative. The successful applicant will have sound business/commercial acumen and will be able to demonstrate excellent project management and organisational skills.
Tompkins Wake is a progressive law firm which offers a genuine work-life balance. We are focused on our future, and in joining our team you will be instrumental in living and breathing our firm wide values of People Matter, Stronger Together, Confidently Courageous and Recognised Excellence.
A competitive remuneration package will be paid commensurate with skills and experience.