Qualifications : BCA, LLB, Victoria University.
Andrew joined Tompkins Wake in February 2017 and is a property and commercial law specialist based in our Rotorua office. Andrew has over 13 years’ experience in private and in-house practice in Wellington, Napier, Christchurch and Toronto.
Areas of expertise
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Property Transactions
- Large Scale Development
- Local Government Property
- Public Works Act
- Succession Planning
- Trusts and Asset Protection
- Wills and Estate Planning
- Subdivisions and Development
- Reserves and Endowment Land
Knowledge and Experience
- Acted for various nationwide supermarket and retail chains on property acquisitions, developments and leasing.
- Advised successful consortia on property due diligence for significant Public Private Partnerships, including Schools 2, Schools 3, Puhoi to Warkworth Road of National Significance, Auckland Prison and Tauranga Social Housing Reform.
- Acted for local authorities, including Hamilton City Council, Rotorua Lakes Council, Christchurch City Council and Napier City Council on property and infrastructure matters.
- Acted for central government, local authorities, requiring authorities and private landowners on various public works acquisitions, disposals and issues, including Roads of National Significance projects and irrigation schemes expansions.
- Acted for a significant Canadian oil company on the acquisition, development and leasing of property for its retail store network.
- Acted for and advised individual and SME clients on a wide range of land transactions, subdivisions and developments, leasing and general property matters.
- Acted for individual and SME clients on the acquisition and disposal of businesses and associated property interests.
- Advised clients on trusts and succession planning, including trust formation and administration, will preparation and powers of attorney.
- Member, Rules Committee, Athletics New Zealand
Increased Compensation available under the Public Works Act
With the Government’s recent budget announcement of $32.5 billion infrastructure spending over the next four years, especially in transport and prison...
Forest and Bird decision
BackgroundThe proposed Ruataniwha Dam in Central Hawke’s Bay has been a controversial project from day one. The proposal involved the damming of the ...
Bright-line test extended to 5 years
As signalled by the Government during the 2017 election and again in February 2018, the bright-line test for tax on the disposal of residential land h...