Qualifications : BA, LLB, University of Otago.
Bryce joined Tompkins Wake as a partner in November 2014, bringing more than 20 years’ experience practicing law in New Zealand and the UK. Bryce specialises in advising clients on buying, selling and investing in businesses, across the manufacturing, retail, construction and services sectors.
Areas of expertise
- Capital Raising
- Commercial Contracts
- Corporate Advisory
- Due Diligence
- Executive Share Schemes
- Joint Ventures
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Shareholder Agreements
- Venture Capital
Experience and Knowledge
- Bryce acted for various New Zealand private equity funds in relation to their respective investments in, and subsequent exits from companies such as Hirepool, Guardian Healthcare, Tiri Group, Tegel Foods, Norfolk Group and Argenta. Bryce led the due diligence and negotiating sale and purchase agreements and shareholders’ agreements with co-investors and management.
- Bryce acted for Flooring Brands Limited on the sale of Carpet Court New Zealand to Allegro Private Equity. Bryce advised the board on the sale process and negotiated the sale and purchase agreement.
- Bryce acted for the shareholders of Apex Valves Limited on the sale of 80 per cent of the company to Watts Water Technologies Inc., a US multi-national. Bryce advised the vendors on the sale process, sale and purchase agreement and ongoing shareholding arrangements.
- New Zealand Private Equity & Venture Capital Association
- Finalist for Mid Market Deal of the Year, New Zealand Law Awards 2016
- Recommended Lawyer in The Legal 500 for Asia Pacific 2018