Qualifications : LLB (Hons), University of Auckland.
Liz is a specialist banking and financial services lawyer with more than 15 years' New Zealand and international experience acting for originators, borrowers, funders and trustees. Liz joined Tompkins Wake as a partner in 2018. Prior to that, Liz was with Bell Gully, Auckland, and Allen & Overy, London.
Liz helps her clients achieve the outcomes they want by providing excellent service while being accessible, reliable and easy for clients to deal with. She is known for providing effective simple solutions to clients' legal issues. Liz is recognised by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific as a lawyer who "consistently delivers strong and clear advice".
Areas of expertise
- Acquisition finance
- Asset and Lease financing
- Property and Construction Finance
- Syndicated and Club Lending
- Ranked as a recognised practitioner for banking and finance in Chambers Asia Pacific 2018 and 2019.
- Named in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018 and 2019 for banking and finance work.
- Only New Zealand lawyer shortlisted for a Rising Star award in Euromoney Legal Media Group’s Asia Women in Business Law Awards 2016.
- A member of the Vestry at St Aidan's Anglican Church, Auckland.
- Acted for the overseas funders in the refinancing of banking facilities to the MediaWorks group.
- Acted for the overseas funders in the acquisition funding of the Strait Shipping group.
- Acted on an on-going basis for Air New Zealand in the acquisition of its fleet through various funding structures.
- Acted for an Australian client in the funding of the acquisition of Hunters Plaza, Auckland.
- Acted on an on-going basis for the property and construction finance team of a New Zealand bank.
- Acted for the banks in funding facilities to Argosy Property and Kiwi Property, and acted for Vital Healthcare Property Trust in its banking facilities.
- Acted as counsel to the borrower in banking facilities provided to the Britomart group, TrustPower, Vector, Rakon and Orion Healthcare.
- Acted as New Zealand counsel in various international financing transactions including Portacom, Hertz and Qube logistics and infrastructure group.
- Acted for the originator, funder or trustees in various securitisation transactions.