Qualifications LLB, LLM (Waikato), MPhil (International Environmental law), (Nottingham University).
Marianne is an environmental and resource management expert. She has over 10 years’ practice experience in resource management and environmental law, prior to which she held academic positions at the University of Wales, Swansea and the University of Wales, Aberystwyth where she specialised in environmental law and policy.
Marianne has represented local authorities across the central North Island on a number of plan review projects. She also provides strategic and consenting advice to both local authority and agri-business clients across New Zealand, including some of New Zealand's largest corporate farming enterprises. Marianne has a particular interest in freshwater management and coastal and oceans policy and law.
Areas of expertise
- Coastal and Oceans Policy
- Environmental Due Diligence
- Freshwater Management
- Official Information (LGOIMA)
- Plan Changes, Variations and Plan Reviews
- Resource Consents
- Rural Environmental Issues
- Urban Planning and Development
- Council Hearings
- Development Contributions
- Appeal Hearings
- Coastal Development
- RMA Compliance and Enforcement
- Wastewater Treatment and Discharge
- Member of the Association for Resource Management Practitioners