Qualifications : LLB, PG Dip. MS, University of Waikato.
Rachel is an experienced civil litigator with a particular interest in insolvency and company law. She has a unique practice in tax disputes and the Commissioner of Inland Revenue’s powers having practiced in this area for over 12 years, including a role as in-house Counsel for the Commissioner of Inland Revenue.
She has appeared in nearly all Court jurisdictions. She has a particular interest in client’s problems that have both a regulatory and civil aspect.
Areas of expertise
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Civil Litigation
- Debt Recovery
- Insolvency and Restructuring
- Partnership Disputes
- Regulatory Prosecution and Defence
- Shareholder Disputes
- Taxation Disputes
- Maori Land Disputes
- Valuation Disputes
- Rachel is the current board chair of Volunteering Waikato which recruits and trains volunteers for its member organisations
- She is a past chair of what was the Young Practitioner’s Committee for the Waikato Branch of the NZLS and the local NZLS Admissions Committee