Qualifications : LLB (Hons), University of Victoria.
A commercial and property law specialist, Richard joined Tompkins Wake as Partner in 2014 following the merger with Davys Burton. Richard brings more than 40 years’ experience practicing law.
Areas of expertise
- Commercial Property Transactions
- Succession Planning
- Trusts and Asset Protection
- Wills and Estate Planning
- Local Government Advisory
Experience and Knowledge
- Richard acted as solicitor/counsel to Rotorua Lakes Council for the first generation of the Rotorua District Plan under the Resource Management Act. Richard negotiated content orders for 36 appeals, winning one appeal at a hearing.
- Richard acted as solicitor/counsel to Rotorua Lakes Council for the Rotorua Airport corporatisation in a $24m project including share transfers and infrastructure agreements.
- Richard is the international director and past president of the Rotary Club of Rotorua. He is an ambassador and past foundation trustee for the Geyser Community Foundation, and a member of the Rotorua Golf Club.