Qualifications : BA, LLB (1st class Hons), University of Waikato.
Tonia is an experienced intellectual property lawyer, with significant New Zealand and offshore experience (Australia, UK and Europe) advising clients on their licensing, trade mark and intellectual property matters.
Tonia advises on a wide range of intellectual property matters, both domestically and internationally. Tonia’s significant experience includes advising on complex trade mark and copyright issues, the licensing, exploitation and transfer of intellectual property, and advising client’s on fair trading and passing off actions.
Tonia joined Tompkins Wake in 2012 after gaining significant international experience while working for a "magic circle" firm in the United Kingdom with clients representing some of the worlds most well known and loved brands. Tonia also has a strong interest in software and IT related agreements.
Areas of expertise
- Commercialisation of Intellectual Property
- Copyright agreements and disputes
- Fair trading/passing off actions
- Licensing of Intellectual Property
- Trade Mark and Brand Strategy
- Trade Mark Filing Programmes
- Trade Mark Prosecution
- Exploitation and transfer of Intellectual Property
- Brand development and protection
- Domain name registration and disputes
- Patent and Copyright Litigation
- Trade Mark Watching Services