Qualifications : LLB (First Class Hons), University of Waikato.
With more than 20 years’ experience practicing law, Bridget specialises in environmental and local government law. She advises local authorities and private sector clients on a wide range of matters including plan development, resource consent applications, rural issues and compliance. Bridget joined Tompkins Wake in 1996 and became a partner in 2014.
Areas of expertise
- Bylaws and Policies
- Environmental Due Diligence
- Official Information (LGOIMA)
- Plan Changes, Variations and Plan Reviews
- Resource Consents
- Resource Management Act (RMA)
- Rural Environmental Issues
- Urban Planning and Development
- Local Government Advisory
- Council Hearings
- Appeal Hearings
- Board of Inquiry Hearings
- Dispute Resolution and Mediation
- RMA Compliance and Enforcement
Experience and knowledge
- Bridget was lead counsel for the Waikato District Council and Waikato Regional Council on an application for a municipal solid waste landfill at Huntly. This resource consent application is the leading Environment Court decision on the application of the Vision and Strategy for the Waikato River on resource consent applications. The Vision and Strategy is the primary direction setting document for the Waikato River and its catchment.
- Bridget advised a large farming enterprise on the Board of Inquiry into the Tukituki Catchment Proposal. This project was recognised under the Resource Management Act as a project of national significance.
- Member of the Association for Resource Management Practitioners