Qualifications : BA, LLB, University of Auckland.
Stephanie specialises in family, matrimonial and trust law, particularly in the areas of relationship property disputes and claims against estates and trusts. Stephanie advises couples on relationship property agreements, both at the commencement of a relationship and on separation. Stephanie’s other practice areas include applications for the appointment of property managers and welfare guardians, parenting orders and agreements, paternity and adoptions, child support and spousal support.
Stephanie joined Tompkins Wake in 2013 and became a partner in 2014.
Areas of expertise
- Care of Children
- Child Support
- Dissolution (Divorce)
- International Family Law
- Relationship Property Disputes
- Spousal Maintenance
- Trust and Estate Litigation
- Relationship Property Agreements
- Contracting Out Agreements
Experience and Knowledge:
- Stephanie appeared as junior counsel in the Supreme Court, bringing an end to an eight-year dispute with a successful result which set the law straight for women in lengthy marriages, recognising their valuable domestic contributions.
- Stephanie is a committee member of the NZLS Waikato/Bay of Plenty Women in Law Association and a member of the Family Law Section.
- Her previous appointments include NZLS Standards Committee (2011 -2013), NZLS Relationship Property Standing Committee (2008- 2009), Secretary of the Auckland Family Courts Association (2004 – 2006).
Stephanie has presented a number of seminars including:
- Sept 2016: NZLS Relationship Property Intensive 'Hot Sections'
- Sept 2016: ADLSi Assisting First-Time Home Buyers 'Family Law Issues'
- Oct 2015: NZLS Family Law Conference workshop 'Advocacy'
- June 2014: NZLS Property Law Conference 'Fence or Ambulance'
- Nov 2011: NZLS Family Law Conference 'Section 21 agreements'
- Aug 2010: NZLS Relationship Property Intensive 'Interim Trust Remedies'
- July 2007: Lexis Nexis Property Relationships Masterclass Where there's a wrong there's a remedy
- Aug 2005: Lexis Nexis Property Relationships Skills Accelerator ‘Pitfalls & Obligations'
- April 2005: Lexis Nexis Family Advocacy Skills Accelerator 'Adjustments'