Qualifications : BA, LLB (Hons), MJur (Dist).
Fraser joined Tompkins Wake as a partner in 2014 following the merger with Davys Burton. Fraser specialises in civil/commercial litigation and employment law, and has more than 25 years’ experience practicing law.
As a former senior crown counsel, Fraser has prosecuted more than 100 jury trials in the District and High Courts. He appears regularly in all forums including the District and High Courts, Employment Relations Authority, Employment Court, Court of Appeal and Māori Land Court.
Areas of expertise
- Building Disputes - Leaky Homes
- Civil Litigation
- Construction and Building Disputes
- Contract Disputes
- Criminal Defence
- Employment Disputes
- Employment Law
- Regulatory Enforcement
- Regulatory Prosecution and Defence
Knowledge and Experience
Fraser has successfully prosecuted and defended many High and District Court criminal trials during his career. He also acted as sole counsel in many High and District Court civil hearings, complex multiparty proceedings and employment cases. In all these cases Fraser worked to achieve the desired outcome for the client, regardless of the complexity of the case or quantum involved.
- Chair of the Rotorua Community Hospice Trust
- Founding Trustee of Oxfam New Zealand
- Fraser has previously been an honorary solicitor for many organisations including the Springfield Golf Club and Rotorua Riding for the Disabled.
- Tompkins Wake Board of Partners