Qualifications : LLB (Hons), BMS (Hons), University of Waikato.
Shelley is a Senior Associate with experience in Intellectual Property law. She has specific experience in trade mark law, including providing trade mark watching services, preparing and filing trade mark applications and submissions and managing proceedings with the Intellectual Property Office of NZ. Shelley also advises on brand protection, strategy and infringement issues.
With significant experience advising public sector organisations, Shelley has had regular dealings with the Office of the Privacy Commissioner and Office of Ombudsman.
Shelley is also experienced working with not-for-profit, charitable and philanthropic organisations, companies and incorporated societies helping establish effective legal structures to enable the achievement of their objectives.
Areas of expertise
- Charities and Incorporated Societies
- Commercialisation of Intellectual Property
- Fair Trading Act/Passing Off actions
- Licensing of Intellectual Property
- Privacy Act
- Trade Mark and Brand Strategy
- Trade Mark Filing Programmes
- Trade Mark prosecution and dispute resolution
- Management of Trade Mark portfolios
- Trade Mark Watching Services
- Not for Profits
- Education Law
- Official Information Act
- Copyright advice and protection strategies
- Intellectual Property litigation
- Intellectual Property identification
- Intellectual Property protection and development
- Domain name registration
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Data Privacy Law
- Member of the Institute of Directors of New Zealand
- Member of the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand.
- Member of Proprietors Board of Waikato Diocesan School for Girls
- Member of the Sonning and Waikato Diocesan Old Girls’ Association Incorporated