Qualifications : LLB (Hons), BMS (Hons), University of Waikato.
Shelley is a Senior Associate with experience in Intellectual Property law. She has specific experience in trade mark law, including providing trade mark watching services, preparing and filing trade mark applications and submissions and managing proceedings with the Intellectual Property Office of NZ. Shelley also advises on brand protection, strategy and infringement issues.
With significant experience advising public sector organisations, Shelley has had regular dealings with the Office of the Privacy Commissioner and Office of Ombudsman.
Shelley also works with many charitable organisations, assisting them in all aspects from establishment, through to advising on governance issues.
Areas of expertise
- Commercialisation of Intellectual Property
- Fair Trading Act/Passing Off actions
- Licensing of Intellectual Property
- Privacy Act
- Trade Mark and Brand Strategy
- Trade Mark Filing Programmes
- Trade Mark prosecution and dispute resolution
- Management of Trade Mark portfolios
- Trade Mark Watching Services
- Education Law
- Official Information Act
- Copyright advice and protection strategies
- Intellectual Property litigation
- Intellectual Property identification
- Intellectual Property protection and development
- Domain name registration
- Member of the Institute of Directors of New Zealand
- Member of the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand.
- Member of Proprietors Board of Waikato Diocesan School for Girls
- Member of the Sonning and Waikato Diocesan Old Girls’ Association Incorporated